Sweet and Sour Chicken Skillet
Use leftover or rotisserie chicken to make this family favorite
Rate this recipe
Hands On: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 6 servings (about 1 cup each)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Corn Oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz each) La Choy® Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (8 oz each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (10 oz each) La Choy® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tablespoon La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup La Choy® Rice Noodles
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add bell peppers and water chestnuts; cook and stir 2 minutes or until water chestnuts are lightly browned. Add broth and rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken, pineapple, sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce and crushed red pepper. Simmer 5 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with rice noodles.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet