Easy Teriyaki Chicken and Rice
Teriyaki chicken and rice makes an easy weeknight meal
Rate this recipe
Hands On: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Makes 4 servings (1 chicken breast with rice each)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1-1/4 lbs)
- 1 cup La Choy® Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce-Marinade, divided
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Corn Oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (8 oz each) La Choy® Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- La Choy® Chow Mein Noodles, optional
- Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag. Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade over chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate 20 minutes, turning bag halfway through marinating time.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag with marinade. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Combine broth, rice and water chestnuts in skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and rice; sprinkle with green onions. Serve over chow mein noodles, if desired.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet