Asian Slaw with Grilled Chicken
Colorful, crunchy slaw with savory peanut dressing, topped with sliced grilled chicken marinated in lite soy sauce
Rate this recipe
Hands On: 30 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings (1 cup slaw and 1 breast each)
- 1/2 cup La Choy® Lite Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 breasts = about 2-1/2 lb)
- 1/2 cup La Choy® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons natural rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Peter Pan® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 4 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 can (11 oz each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, cut in half
- Shredded carrot, bean sprouts, sliced water chestnuts, optional
- La Choy® Chow Mein Noodles, optional
- Prepare Chicken: Combine soy sauce and garlic in large recloseable food storage bag. Add chicken; close bag. Turn bag several times to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare Dressing: Mix together teriyaki marinade, oil, vinegar, peanut butter and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
- Prepare Slaw: Toss together red and green cabbage, oranges and snow peas in large bowl. Add carrot, bean sprouts and/or water chestnuts, if desired.
- Preheat grill according to manufacturer's directions. Grill chicken about 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear (165°F); discard marinade.
- Toss slaw with prepared dressing; divide equally on 8 plates. Slice each breast and place over slaw. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles, if desired.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet